The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:
People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
人們不講道理、思想謬誤、自我中心,
Forgive them anyway.
不管怎樣,總是體諒他們﹔
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
如果你做善事,人們說你自私自利、別有用心,
Be kind anyway.
不管怎樣,總是要做善事﹔
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
如果你成功以後,身邊盡是假的朋友和真的敵人,
Succeed anyway.
不管怎樣,總是要成功﹔
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
誠實和坦率使你易受欺騙,
Be honest and sincere anyway
不管怎樣,總是要誠實和坦率﹔
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
你耗費多年所建設的可能給毀於一旦,
Create anyway.
不管怎樣,總是要建設﹔
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
你的安寧與喜樂,或會令人嫉妒。
Be happy anyway
不管怎樣,總要喜樂﹔
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
你所做的善事明天就被違忘,
Do good anyway.
不管怎樣,總是要做善事﹔
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
將你所擁有最好的東西獻給世界,但總是不夠﹔
Give your best anyway.
不管怎樣,總是要將你所擁有最好的東西獻給世界。
|